As we look at strategies to ensure your estate planning practice will thrive into the future -- whether that future includes a federal estate tax or not (or some version of a federal estate tax) -- we re-focus on "the basics" of strategic marketing.
For years, many of you have known us as "the newsletter company," because of the Pocket Watch, our monthly direct-mail newsletter for clients, prospects and referral sources. Of course, we offer many other marketing products and services, and in discussing those and other strategies, it may be easy to forget one of the most cost-effective, time-tested, work horses of practice development -- the monthly newsletter.
Yesterday I ran across an article outlining 25 reasons to use a newsletter -- recognizing that newsletters are not appropriate for every type of business. I am not going to list all 25 of them, but here are a few of the main reasons why YOU should incorporate a newsletter into your marketing communications plan.
Consider using a newsletter if:
- You want repeat business (or referrals) from your clients (or professional referral sources).
- Your average customer spends at least $25 per year.
- Distinguishing your business from your competitors is beneficial.
- You have a customer mailing list (sorry, McDonald's!)
- You believe that educated and informed customers are better customers (or referral sources).
- Staying "top of mind" with your customers (or referral sources) might generate more revenue.
- You realize the importance of building LASTING RELATIONSHIPS with your clients and referral sources.
There are more -- and we will look at some of them in future postings -- as well as explore some of them in more depth as to how they apply to YOUR practice -- in future postings.
To learn more about the Pocket Watch newsletter, please visit our website at http://www.estateplanningpartners.com/pocket.htm