If you find this tutorial helpful, be sure to attend our IMS Spring Workshop, where I will be teaching several hands-on Instant Implementation classes!
A properly managed website is updated on a monthly basis. Integrity Marketing helps out Essential Attorneys™ by updating your website with a monthly article. We do this automatically, but it’s a smart idea to make sure that your website reflects the activities at your law firm as well. Regular updates can also increase your search engine ranking!
Here are some areas of your website you can keep updated:
Send us your schedule exactly how you would like it posted on the website. If you have a PDF flyer, you can send that as well.
- Staff Members
Send us new staff photos, tiles, and biographies. Keep old staff bios updated on a regular basis.
- Seasonal Messages / Events / Specials
Your home page is a great location to insert seasonal messages, or special law firm events.
- Other text edits on web pages.
Ex: About Us, Home Page, Practice Areas, etc.
How to Submit Edits the Right Way
When it comes to submitting changes, the “Track Changes” feature is the best and easiest way for everyone*.
- Open MS Word.
- In your internet browser, go to the web page you wish to edit.
- Copy and Paste the entire body text to the MS Word Document.
- In MS Word, Under the Review tab, click on Track Changes and turn it on. There might be a drop-down for you to select.
- As you start making changes to the document, they should turn blue or red.
- Finish making your changes – Save – and then send the attached in an email to me.
*Please note, when submitting a new workshop date, it’s not necessary to use track changes. However, if you are editing old text or material on the page, please do use Track Changes for that.