Do you go?
If you go, how do you know whether you’re talking to a snake-oil salesman peddling a scam, or an honest expert with advice that can help?
“Sue” got a call a few weeks ago from “someone at Google,” alerting her to the fact that her website is not viewable on mobile devices. Sue quickly pulled out her smart phone and looked for her website. Sure enough, there it was, plain as day.
The caller said, “You are the only one seeing it because you are searching from your own phone.”
The caller was so confident, and the air of Google’s authority rang so true, that Sue started to question her own eye witness evidence.
The caller directed Sue to several of her competitor’s websites.
“See, this is costing you business. All of your competitors’ websites are visible on mobile devices, but yours is not.”
Sue started to think that Integrity Marketing must have dropped the ball, that they must have missed some crucial setting that was blocking her website on mobile devices. She got angry. How lucky that Google found this and alerted her. She started searching for a copy of her Essential Solution® contract to see how she could get out of this mess with Integrity Marketing. She would gladly pay Google a few hundred dollars a month to fix all this – and she could pay them with the money she saved from firing those idiots over at IMS!
Sue was just about ready to give out her credit card information, when she had a niggling thought. She remembered learning something at the last IMS marketing retreat … what was it?
“Google does not have a sales force and they are not going to call you.”
This is a true story, though the names have been changed to protect the embarrassed. This story had a happy ending. Sue did not hand over her credit card information; she did not try to cancel her contract with IMS. Instead, she excused herself from the “Google” call and dialed our office. She asked her honest questions, and got honest answers.
And, of course, Sue’s website is visible on mobile devices. And so is every Essential website.
Don’t fall victim to the next marketing scam artist.
Join us October 9-11 for a full-on marketing retreat.
Sit down face-to-face for a personal marketing consultation with CEO Jennifer Campbell Goddard. Review your marketing performance reports, ask your questions, and discuss your goals for 2014. Leave armed with a new strategic marketing plan, and plenty of information to protect you from scammers!
- Wednesday, Oct. 9: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. /
Evening Reception at IMS Office in Olathe
- Thursday, Oct. 10: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.(lunch provided) /
President’s Dinner @ 6:30 p.m. (included in your registration)
- Friday, Oct. 11: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (lunch provided)
We took every good idea from our past workshops, threw out the so-so, and revamped the workshop to focus on the highest-return activities that we KNOW will work for you! Over the past year, we poured over more than 5,000 marketing performance reports from you and your Essential colleagues to pinpoint the strategies and tactics that propel the Top Performers, habits that undermine marketing success, and the often-overlooked details that make a huge difference. Now, we’re bringing our entire team together with their unique abilities to focus on YOU and YOUR SUCCESS.
Here is how it works:
- Three concurrent classroom sessions and the video studio will be open for the entire three days. Studio time is limited. You are encouraged to register early to reserve a space. You will have a personalized track of instruction based on your needs.
- One classroom for general sessions and break-out discussions. We will meet together at the beginning of each day, again at lunch, and to wrap-up each day before dinner.
- The second classroom is set up for hands-on work online. BRING YOUR LAPTOP and your passwords for LinkedIn, Avvo, Facebook and your blog. You won’t just hear about good ideas – we’re talking Instant Implementation. Our staff will guide you step-by-step live and online.
- Your Personal Marketing Consult in the Board Room where you and your staff meet with CEO Jennifer Goddard to review your marketing statistics, uncover hidden opportunities, and carve out a strategic plan for 2014.
- Meanwhile, the video studio will be open by appointment for those who want to record personal video and for everyone to get a FREE studio session for a Website Welcome video recording. Even if you choose not to use this video, the in-studio experience will help hone your on-camera performance – a necessary legal marketing skill in today’s video world!
We also have some great, fun experiences for you – like the President’s Dinner on Thursday night (included in your registration), a tour of the IMS offices and studio, a fun reception and social hour, and round table discussions where you bring your own questions and try to stump the pros!