Spring has arrived and so has the month of April! Here in the Midwest, the weather is finally shifting to the theme of "April showers bring May flowers." The grass is turning green, the birds are chirping, and spring activities are underway.
Ask yourself these questions about your marketing plan:
- What did you accomplish from your marketing plan in March? Review your "wins" for the month and evaluate the results.
- What items fell off the track? If there were marketing tasks that did not get checked off the list, consider moving them into a different month of the plan or eliminating them altogether.
- What changes need to be made? If something isn't working for your marketing, evaluate where the need is and brainstorm ways to tackle these jobs. Do you need to delegate more? Do you need to set aside marketing time on your calendar? Do you need to contact your IMS team for assistance?
- Are you on budget? Review your marketing budget for Q1 2014. Are you under or over? Make adjustments where needed, whether you are allocating extra dollars to future campaigns or tightening the budget to stay on track.
- What topics/themes will you use for social media and blog posts? A few topic ideas for April are Easter and other religious holidays, wedding season, prom season, spring sports, and Arbor Day.
- What's coming up? Graduations will be coming up soon, so now is the perfect time to talk about the shift from minor children to adult children and the estate planning involved for those individuals. Also, what do you have planned for May and beyond in regards to travel, conferences, workshops and marketing campaigns?
The start of a new month is also a good time to review your website content to ensure that everything is accurate and up-to-date. If you need to make a change, you can use our online Support Ticket to submit your request.
April Events for IMS
- Video Enhancements Retreat: April 14 - 18. Join us the week of April 14 - 18 for our Video Enhancements Retreat! We are opening up the IMS studio that week exclusively for Essential Clients. This is your chance to create a website "welcome" video, educational videos, and the option to record online webinars, seminars, or workshops. Learn more by reading our e-Newsletter!
- Webinar - Achieving the Perfect Blend of Marketing Technology: April 23rd. Your law firm marketing is very much like a perfectly baked cupcake. Using the right blend of marketing technologies can get you greater results. How so? Join us on April 23rd to find out! Everyone attending this LIVE event will be entered to win a bakery treat of cupcakes delivered right to your office. Register online!