There’s something about the warmer weather that always gets me itching to do a little cleaning at home. After being stuck inside all winter, it’s always nice to throw open the windows, turn on some tunes, chase out the dust, and freshen up. My home seems so much more welcoming and inviting after a thorough cleaning.
Websites work very much in the same way. After time, they accumulate some dust and cobwebs that should be cleared out every so often. A clean, up-to-date website is welcoming to visitors and much more trustworthy. So, if you’re ready, roll up your sleeves and get ready to do a little spring cleaning.
Dust away outdated information:
- Workshops/Seminars page – Are there any past or incorrect event dates?
- About Us page – Are all staff members still at the firm? Has anyone’s job description or title changed?
- Contact Us page – Is your address and contact information up-to-date? Has your law office moved?
- Practice Areas – Do you still practice (or refer clients to others who do) the estate planning and elder law practice areas listed on your website?
Test for broken parts:
- Forms - Send yourself a test email through all forms on your site. Most of our Essential Attorneys will have a Quick Contact Form (usually appears somewhere on the home page), a Request a Consultation Form, a Workshop Registration Form, and a Contact Form (on the actual Contact Us page). Make sure that the email that receives the submissions is still the appropriate email address.
- Social media links – Are these links still correct and working properly?
- Add new workshop/seminar dates – Have big plans for this spring or even early this summer? Let your clients know! No plans yet? Now is a great time to plan an event to freshen up your clients’ estate planning knowledge.
- Retake photos – Has it been awhile since you updated your professional headshot? Consider getting updated photos taken and adding them to your website. Feeling camera shy? Check out this post for some tips.
- Add some fresh content – Have you written any articles or reports? Adding those to your website is a great resource for your clients. Also think about updating or adding client testimonials.
- Welcome your guests – Is your welcome message still inviting? Does it entice viewers to further explore your website? Consider freshening it up a little!
Decorate a little!
- Freshen design – If your website is over a year old, there’s a good chance your website design could use some redesigning. Whether it’s just a quick refresh or a complete overhaul, a new look can do wonders!
To make your spring web cleaning as easy as possible, here’s a printable checklist to make sure you don’t miss any dark corners!
Find some cobwebs on your site? Submit a support ticket today and the IMS team will dust them away!