Did you enjoy your Fourth of July weekend? I sure did! Independence Day is always one of my favorite times of the year. Family, friends, food and fireworks ... what's not to like? Well, maybe the Monday after the holiday. It can be hard to get back to business right after a fun-filled weekend, or even during the summer months in general. So if you're having a tough time bringing the focus back to work, I recommend grabbing your Marketing Plan for a quick review!
- What did you complete from your marketing plan in June? Review your "wins" for the month and evaluate the results. Celebrate with an ice cream social at the office!
- Where did you fall short? If you feel your June efforts were a little slim, it's not too late to turn things around for the rest of summer. Schedule a staff meeting, assign marketing tasks and create short deadlines. You'll be surprised how much can get accomplished in just a week!
- Have you checked in with your team? What roadblocks are getting in the way of you or your team's ability to follow through with marketing to-dos? If your staff has a hard time making marketing a priority, reward them with something fun (but only if a deadline is met!).
- Six months left in the year! How's the budget looking? Wow, the first half of 2014 went really fast. How did you do on your marketing budget so far? Do you need to make any adjustments to finish out the next six months? Now's the time to evaluate those marketing dollars. In fact, maybe you need to schedule a marketing review with your IMS Team.
- What July topics will you use for social media and blog posts? Even though Independence day has passed, you can still use this patriotic month to talk about lots of Estate Planning and Elder Law issues -- like Veterans Benefits. Otherwise, summer is in full swing with several fun topics such as vacations, family time, sun and water safety, travel tips and of course National Ice Cream Month.
- What's on the agenda for the rest of summer? If you have to travel for business, make sure your reservations are booked, your print materials are ready to go and your staff is prepared for your absence. Not leaving anytime soon? Use this slow season to get ramped up for fall activities. Set some dates for travel, workshops, training/education and more. Don't forget to mark your calendar for September 24-26! We are hosting a practice enhancement retreat: New Strategies to Grow Law Firm Profitability.
The start of a new month is also a good time to review your website content to ensure that everything is accurate and up-to-date. If you need to make a change, you can use our online Support Ticket to submit your request.
Upcoming Events for IMS
- Fall Workshop September 24-26: New Strategies to Grow Law Firm Profitability
At this highly interactive workshop, you will learn to build and implement a winning strategy! Gain new knowledge about how your firm's unique abilities can create value and competitive advantage in your marketplace.