Think about your own loyalties – where are you most likely to go to find information? What are the websites you visit frequently? Why? What do you like about them? What do you find helpful about their content or brand?
First, Patel reminds us of how often search engines and social platforms update their techniques. To build their own following, Google, Facebook and the like are always tweaking and changing the way their websites function, hoping to continually provide a positive user experience. Regular reorganizing can impact who can see the content you put out.
While of course we will grow and adapt right along with the social media sites and always suggest to you new ways to “socialize” on them, one platform that is pretty reliable is e-mail. Yes, you may have a few unsubscribes occasionally, but you know that everyone that remains on your mailing list is getting your message. Social media algorithms may pick and choose which of your contacts see what content right away.
- Essential Solution Client Tip #1: If you are not already, it is important to always be adding new names to your monthly eNewsletter subscription list.
- Essential Solution Client Tip #2: Send in a new “Welcome!” messages to go out with your eNews. You send your eNewsletter to real people that you are in a relationship of some sort with. Keep in touch by keeping them updated. Hearing the same story over and over can get, (yawn…), boooorrring!
- Essential Solution Client Tip #3: Make that e-mail list work even better for you by uploading it to your Facebook Business Page. Here’s how. Doing this will allow Facebook to suggest to any of those clients with e-mail addresses linked to Facebook your Business Page as a “Recommended Page” on the side of the timeline sometimes.
The second piece of advice Patel gives that I think would really benefit Estate Planning and Elder Law Attorneys is to use the buddy system. He encourages companies to get involved with other complimentary brands. This idea may push you out of your comfort zone and brings up the buzzword, Networking.
- Essential Solution Client Tip #4: See if you can make a connection with a local nursing or funeral home, a bank or financial planning firm, or a meal service program for the elderly, etc. Tag them in shout outs on your social media platforms to help them increase their reach and ask that they do the same. Schedule events together, if possible, if you do workshops or seminars. Or, talk to your account manager about getting a brochure printed that you can leave with them to use to refer potential clients your way. You only know so many people. Invite others to help you connect with more people in your community.
Finally, Patel shows the results of his “invest[ment] in design.” It’s amazing how his page views, invitations to speak and rankings increased due to a fresh, up-to-date design.
- Essential Solution Client Tip #5: Technology changes so quickly! Even if you are a long standing Integrity Marketing Solutions client, what was effective even eight years ago is elementary in comparison of what works today. Transition to a technologically-sound website that functions on any type of device, including desktop or laptop computers, tablets and smart phones alike (called Responsive).