Do any of you watch television shows like Bar Rescue or Restaurant Impossible? I always
find these interesting as a viewer – getting to see the “insides” of a business and all the crazy things going on, and then watching a no-nonsense team of experts come in and “lay the smack down” so to speak. They may come across as harsh at first, but the reality check they deliver can save a business. Instead of throwing in the towel, the business owners and staff do what is necessary to survive and thrive. All it took was a little bit of tough love from an expert.
I think many business feel this way about their marketing too. They know it’s not really working, but they just don’t have the time to deal with it OR they don’t really want to face the issues head on. If only there was a team of marketing experts that could help ….
Um, hello. Integrity Marketing Solutions to the rescue!
I found a really helpful article from TopRank Blog that offers 4 Tips for Saving Your Brand’s Content Marketing. Let’s get to work.
You need to take an assessment of your current marketing. Asking a few questions can help you figure out where to begin:
- Who are your customers?
- What do they want?
- Are you providing a user-friendly experience?
- Does your marketing appeal to your customers?
- Is it working??
Once you know where you stand, you may already start to see where you need to make some changes. Just as those television shows would start to shake things up and make drastic changes, you can do the same.
4 Tips for Saving Your Marketing
1. Know the Neighborhood = Identify Customer Demographics. You have to know who you are dealing with. Are your current customers mostly families? What about Veterans or seniors? Whether you work with one or several different segments, you want to determine what each segment really wants. Don’t be afraid to ask your clients what they like about your business, this can be extremely helpful in crafting effective marketing messages to other people in that demographic.
2. Eliminate Difficult Staff = Create a Good User Experience. If you do not focus on the customer experience, you will not survive (at least not for long). Make sure your marketing messages are user-friendly: mobile accessible, clear call-to-action, targeted content, esthetically appealing, etc.
3. Improve the Decor = Create Visually Appealing Content. Look, with all the information people take in on a daily basis, you have to make an impression to get noticed. Invest in a top-notch website design, make sure your logo is attractive and effective and use quality images in your blog posts. Your visual marketing leaves a huge impression on a potential customer, so don’t miss out by having outdated marketing. Time to spruce things up!
4. Update the Menu = Find the Right Mix of Content Marketing Tactics. Marketing tools are not commonly effective on their own, but as part of a system they can be extremely powerful. Take our clients for example. They start with an Essential Solution foundation of a website, targeted content, blog, social media, SEO, email newsletter and reporting. Then, depending upon their market they can add enhancements through Video Marketing, Google AdWords, custom publications and branding strategies. Once you have the basics in place, you can determine other areas that may be helpful in your marketing like eBooks, video, webinars and more.
If you feel your marketing could use a makeover and you’re ready to bring your law practice back to life, give us a call at 877-352-2021.
Reference: TopRank Blog (May 2015) – “Content Marketing Rescue: 4 Tips for Saving Your Brand’s Content Marketing Strategy”