Only 13 days until The Summit (but who’s counting, right?). The team at IMS has been preparing for months to make sure our clients get the most out of their experience. Now it’s time for you to prepare. Here’s some tips to help you get your ducks in a row before you take off.
How to prepare at the office:
- Make sure your staff is in the loop by providing them a retreat agenda. With this information, your team will have a better idea of when they’ll be able to reach you, as well as when you may be contacting them.
- Explain the purpose of your trip to your team. Hopefully you’re attending The Summit in order to gain a wealth of knowledge and, in turn, implement some changes at your practice upon your return. When your team is able to anticipate these changes, they will be more receptive and your transition will be smooth.
- Take inventory of your current marketing practices. Without a full grasp on your current client intake process and marketing procedures, you’ll have trouble explaining how to improve these when you return.
How to personally prepare:
- Pack your thinking cap. You’re going to be learning (about yourself, about your firm, about your marketing), so come prepared to absorb the information.
- Prepare for fun. Aside from our interactive workshop sessions, you’ll have the chance to experience Colorado Springs. Whether that means lounging by the lake at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort, or taking a hike on a surrounding trail, there are plenty of opportunities to take in what Colorado has to offer.
Thoroughly preparing before you leave will set you up for success (both at the retreat and upon your return).
Still haven’t signed up for The Summit?
The Summit 2017
October 18-20 | Colorado Springs
Cheyenne Mountain Resort & Legacy Ranch