Have you ever wanted to post something to your Facebook page but didn't necessarily want to post it to your entire friends list? Today we'll learn how!
Caveat! No matter what, don't forget you are posting to the World Wide Web. This tutorial is not meant to be a way to teach you to hide posts; it's simply a way to prevent posts from feeding directly to a select group's newsfeed. It does not mean that they will not be able to see your posts. The nature of Facebook is to be a social sharing tool – as such, likes, comments and shares can still be visible in the ticker and/or a person's newsfeed via social association to common friends.
Excluding Posts from Select Friends
- While logged into Facebook, enter your updated status. OR:
a. If sharing a blog post or web page, navigate to it in a new tab w/n your browser window (CTRL+T).
b. Copy the URL and paste it into your Status area.
- Click on the drop menu to edit who should see this post.
a. Depending on your default settings, you may need to click More Options.
- Click custom.
- Enter the lists you would like to share with in the Share this with section.
- Enter the lists you would like to exclude in the Don't share this with section.
- Click Save Changes.
- Click to Post.
For a complete review on managing your friends lists:
- How to create a friends list in Facebook
- View posts from a friends list in Facebook
- Sharing posts to a friends list in Facebook
Have a great week!