Wouldn’t it be nice to know exactly when you should schedule your blogs and social media posts so as many people as possible see them? Now you can!
How Do I Check My Facebook Insights on My Business Page?
1) Log into your Facebook account
2) Access to your business page is available in a couple of locations:
- In the left-most column, under “Pages”
- In the very top, right-hand corner, the tiny down arrow
4) Click on “Posts” in the second row of buttons.
5) Below, you can see the how many people you are reaching each day of the week and at what time of the day that you have the most engagement.
For this particular client, they have a relatively consistent viewership throughout the week. Posting their blogs Monday – Friday will reach the majority of their fan base regularly.
In regard to timing, generally, engagement is high in both early to mid-morning and early to mid-afternoon, but it’s important to find out when YOUR fans are online.
According to this client’s Insights, there is a bit of a spike later in the evening, around 9pm.
Please take note: This data is for the past seven days. I recommend checking on your Insights once a week for at least a month before making any drastic scheduling changes. Gather data about the days and times you have the most engagement. Look for a trends. Then, plot out your plan.
Seeing that a few more readers stop in on the weekends may encourage this client to throw in a manual (not IMS provided) blog sometimes, scheduled for Saturday and/or Sunday.
Or, this client could possibly schedule their posts around 7 or 8 o’clock at night. While the spike is at 9pm, you want to send your content a little in advance.
Facebook Insights is still making its way to all business pages. It’s possible that, if you do not see the “Insights” option, it is “Coming Soon!”