Your website gives your office it's first impression of who you are and what you do online. Your IMS website is already optimized with some very powerful SEO. We aren’t talking about that pay per click kind of SEO that is good for shopping for the lowest price for protein powder (James uses pay-per-click for his). We’re talking the rich kind of SEO that any good estate planning attorney with great blog content gets. It earns him/her a professional image online and a healthy robust position with Google.
Aside from your SEO, here are 7 things you can do to generate additional traffic to your site:
- When you blog, make sure to add a link to refer people back to your site at the bottom of your post. Enter a paragraph along the lines of “To find more information about Estate Planning please refer to our Fundamental Estate Planning section of our site” and provide a hotlink back to your website. Or, "For more information, sign up for our fee E-Newsletter" This will take people from your blog, onto your website where they will find additional rich content about estate planning, as well as contact information for your firm with several calls to action to book that appointment.
- If you blog more than the content provided, provide hyperlinks to other sources whenever possible. Just as we provide those hyperlinks in your weekly content, you should strive to do the same. Bottom line, Google likes it! It gives you Google Juice!
- Make sure you claim your business listing with Google Places. It’s relatively easy, just follow the instructions in the Get Started link. If you have questions, let me know, I’m happy to help.
- Video blog if you have video. Another easy thing to implement. James provided some easy steps and insight to video blogging on the IMS blog. Make sure you contact us if you have any questions about video and all that it's doing for global search. Wow!
- Include your URL on your stationary, business cards and your email signature. Most email preferences or settings provide a signature section that you can insert customized language, insert your URL here. It helps bring people to your site. And add in your social sharing here as well. Links to your Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter profile.
- Refer people to your site when they have questions. And not just from a “visit my website” conversation but drive them there because of the tools you provide on your site. Let them know you offer a downloadable Client Questionnaire they can print from home, a map to your office, and even schedule an initial consultation or register for a workshop.
- Your ENewletter is a powerful tool to drive people to your site. Continue to build that list up! Compile as many email addresses as you can each month and forward them along to IMS. In todays online marketing and social media, getting an email address is just as important as an email address. Make sure you get them to opt in. Typicall you ENewsletter is the number two way that people find themselves on your site.
Your website is a powerful marketing tool for you, your team, your potential clients and referral sources. None of the above is top secrete tactics to generating more traffic to your site. But by doing these things you drive your strategic marketing system (The Essentials Solution®) to the next level. Doing these things will give it momentum and traction to generate additional traffic and potential leads.