We have entered the last month of Spring! May tends to be another busy month, especially for those who have school-aged children, grandchildren or any other friends or family finishing up the school year. With all the programs, proms, ball games and graduations, the month of May will keep you on your toes. Are you already planning that summer vacation? It will be here soon enough!
Ask yourself these questions about your May Marketing Plan:
- What did you accomplish from your marketing plan in April? Review your "wins" for the month and evaluate the results. Consider surprising your staff with a treat for all their hard work!
- What items dropped off the plan? Even if something did not get accomplished, you may still want to add those marketing items to another month in your plan. Make a note, decide if you want to pursue the item, and then move on.
- Should you switch it up? Review the workflow of getting your marketing on track. Do you feel there are any weaknesses? How could you change those roles to better support your plan? Ask your staff for input -- this is a TEAM effort!
- Are you on budget? Review your budget closely. We are almost to the half-way mark of 2014, so be sure to leave enough in your marketing budget for the rest of the year. Reallocate as needed. If you feel like you are running low on marketing dollars, give your IMS Team a call to brainstorm cost-effective ways to market your practice (i.e. social media, workshops, handing out brochures).
- What May topics will you use for social media and blog posts? A few topic ideas for May are Mother's Day (May 11th!), graduation, weddings, minor children (school year ending), and Memorial Day. This week, many are celebrating Teacher Appreciation & Nurse's Week.
- What's coming up? Summer is right around the corner, so get your staff's schedules ironed out for vacations, business trips and summer activities around home. Need an angle for a blog post or e-newsletter message? Maybe you can touch on the "vacation home" and segue into a discussion on asset protection planning or inheritance planning.
The start of a new month is also a good time to review your website content to ensure that everything is accurate and up-to-date. If you need to make a change, you can use our online Support Ticket to submit your request.
May Events for IMS
- Video Enhancements Retreat: May 19-23
Your IMS Team can help tailor your video messages to not just educate people, but make them feel comfortable working with you. It is also important to ensure your videos will work well in your other marketing like e-newsletters, blog, social media and in live workshops.
- Fourth Friday Downtown Olathe KS: May 23
Integrity Marketing Solutions will be hosting Fourth Friday May 23 in Downtown Olathe, KS with the Downtown Olathe Business Association. Come join us for an Open House, live music, wine, games, fun and community support! We will be hosting this event in our brand new attorney Learning Center.