In the past few weeks we've discussed how to create a friends list in Facebook and how to view posts from a friends list in Facebook. Today we'll walk through the steps for sharing posts to a select list of friends. This is especially useful if you are sharing something work related that may be more appropriate for your professional colleagues, as opposed to your entire friends list. In this example we'll demonstrate how to share a Facebook post; however, this process can just as easily be used for sharing a blog post or web page.
Sharing Posts to Select Friends:
- If sharing a blog post or web page, navigate to it in a new tab within your browser window (CTRL+T).
- Copy the URL and paste it into your Status area.
2) Click on the drop-down menu to edit who should see this post.
- Depending on your default settings, you may need to click More Options.
3) Click on the pre-defined list you would like to share your post to.
4) Type a message about the post, blog or web page you are sharing and then click to Share Status.
Keep checking back for more on using lists in Facebook.
Have a great week!