Google is not only a website, it’s a verb as well. People “Google” over 3.5 billion times per day. Yes, that’s a “b” for billion. If you want to watch a counter try and keep track of the 40,000 search queries per second, click here.
And although Google+ doesn’t really command our attention like Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter when it comes to social media, there are some important features G+ offers where the others fall short.
6 Reasons to Post to Your Google Plus Business Page Today
Brett Relander of Entrepreneur provided a quick summary of the advantages of Google Plus:
- growing fan base
- free video capability (Hangouts)
- can speed your search engine ranking increases on Google search
- business pages top search engine results
- ratings and reviews show in search engine results (crucial in a potential client’s customer journey)
- easy way for clients to leave reviews for businesses
Now’s as good of a time as any to share a page of your website or an interesting article you’ve read with your followers.
Don’t remember how? Keep reading.
How to Post to Your Google+ Business Page (photos below)
- Start by going to google.com/plus.
You may be redirected to a page that asks you to log in. You'll need to log in with your Google+ credentials.
- Click the photo of your face or company logo in the top right corner. Then select your business’ Google+ page.
- If it doesn’t automatically open to your “Post” page, click “Posts” in the navigation under your banner photo and click in the “Share what’s new…” box.
- When you click in that box, you can paste whatever link you want to share. Then Google will auto-populate an image, if it's available.
- Delete the link you pasted in the “Share what's new…” box. Google will still hold the image and link, but you can instead type a blurb to better engage your readers.
- Now you have the option to “Share” to the “Public” and will be taken back to the “Posts” page on your Google+ Business Profile to view your post.
Reference: Entrepreneur (March 18, 2014) - "Why You Should Be on Google+"