Do you know that feeling when you committed to doing something that you are not looking forward to doing?
Do you also remember the times that your gut feeling turned out to be completely wrong and you found that you actually truly enjoyed yourself?
My reservation came because I was doing something I swore I would never do…move back to Kansas and work for my father. What did I learn that changed my outlook? Let me share with you five things that make working for this Midwestern, family business an amazing job.
- Family businesses are like a family reunion every day. Even if you are not related to your coworkers, you know everyone’s name and hear about their families, creating a tight-knit personal bond.
- Family businesses have personal ties with their clients. They are basically family friends who you want to see succeed.
- In family businesses, everyone is invested in the success, growth and reputation of the company.
- In family businesses, everyone wants their coworkers to be their best and will encourage them and teach them so they can grow.
- Finally, family businesses are fun! With jokes and friendships, each day brings joy and laughter that make work feel like play.
As such, I am incredibly thankful for IMS welcoming me into the “family.”