By Anneliese Krull
People CAN get their estate plans done using online forms, but they SHOULD hire a licensed estate planning attorney who can use his or her experience and knowledge to give them the quality plan they need. The same rule that applies to estate planning applies to lawyer videos.
Here are five steps that go into making an effective lawyer video:
- Scripting. A good script for online video should be conversational and not too long. One to three minutes is a standard guideline. Under two minutes is ideal.
- Storyboarding.Before you shoot any video or record any audio, you will need to determine the shots or graphics required to illustrate the point. If you cannot get the shot or graphic, you will need to rethink your visuals.
- Equipment. As you produce your videos, your equipment (microphones, cameras, lenses, editing equipment) can hinder you. They may not have the capabilities you need or want. Make sure the equipment you use was built to accomplish the job.
- Settings. Cameras and audio equipment can only do what you tell them to do. You must set them up to perform specific to your needs.
- Editing. The process of editing takes time and attention to detail as well as an ability to navigate editing software. If audio or video is not processed correctly in post-production, your final product will have distracting elements.
While general guidelines for these elements are available on several online forums, a trained professional will be able to create a video efficiently and effectively, providing you with a quality product that meets your specific needs.
Visit our website or call James at 877-352-2021 ext 80 to learn more about Integrity Marketing Solutions’ video services.